|2023 Dates & Deadlines
- Notify Review Outcome
|Closes 02 Feb
From 23 Feb
|Decide on symposia topic to submit your abstract to.
Browse Symposia & Co-Chairs
|Conference Registration (Opens 23 Feb)
- Author Registration
- Early Bird Discount
|Closes 06 Apr*
Ends 06 Apr*
*After this date, fee increases and abstracts not associated with any registrant will be deleted from the program
1. HOW TO GET STARTED
You will need your user account to log on to RIO (this is the ICMAT online conference management center)
First time users, please sign up for a user account at the RIO log-in page here
Modify/Edit User Details
- Log on to RIO with your email and password
- On the left menu, click "My Profile"
- Update, change personal particulars
- Click submit to complete the update
2. STEPS TO FOLLOW
Click “Symposia List” on left menu to view the topics
Click “My Abstracts” on left menu and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your abstract
- Read the important notes and proceed to Step 1
- Step 1 & 2: Submit Author Particulars
- Step 3 & Step 4 : Enter abstract and author details
3. IMPORTANT NOTES
- The limit is 2 abstracts per submitting author
- Each abstract will be assigned an Abstract ID. Please quote this when making enquiries
- By submitting the abstract, you are granting ICMAT to publish and disseminate it electronically
Abstract Submission - Required Information
4. PREPARING AN ABSTRACT
- You will be required to provide
- Abstract Title
- Main/Lead Author – Minimum information requirement
- Job Title
- Contact Email
- Abstract should contain text only and may not exceed 300 words
- All co-authors must be added to prevent omission from all publications and the author index.
- Simply use the “Edit” function (see also 2 below) and follow the steps below to add co-authors:
- In text box provided, input co-author’s email address. Click on "Search" (at page bottom)
- If an existing user – the system will display the user information
- Click on “Add This User” to include the co-author
- If not an existing user – you will be required to input the co-author’s particulars. Upon submission,
- A user account is automatically created and the user added to the author list.
- System will auto-trigger verification email to the new user.
- RIO is the ICMAT online conference management center and everyone needs a user account to perform common tasks here – View/edit abstract details, Register for conference (and pay fees), View/download/print presentation schedule, invoices, receipts, attendance proof, Upload presentation files, etc.
- Code of Behaviour
- User accounts are personal to holders. Thus, except for the user, access to the individual’s personal page is strictly forbidden.
- For corrections and changes to be made, you may email ICMAT Secretariat for assistance to email@example.com
- Users may make changes/corrections to their personal page on RIO. Simply log-in on RIO using your email and password.
- Click on “My Profile” on the left menu and make the desired changes to your personal particulars
5. EDIT/MODIFY/REPLACE ABSTRACT
Examples: Change abstract title, modify abstract contents, add/remove/re-order authors, withdraw abstract, etc.
- You can modify, resubmit your abstract anytime but it must be before the submission deadline
- Under "Author Options", click "My Abstracts" to view your abstract submission(s).
- Click Abstract ID to access full abstract details, including all editing functions.
6. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE PROCESS
- Symposia Chairs will review abstracts for contents and scientific merits
- The review decision will be either "Accepted" or "Rejected"
- Presentation mode (Oral or Poster) will be decided at the time of session scheduling
Author’s preferred presentation mode is usually honoured though not guaranteed to be satisfied
- Acceptance is on condition that at least one author attends the meeting to present the accepted abstract
- English shall be the official language throughout the meeting
7. ABSTRACT STATUS – WHAT IT MEANS
||Abstract submission completed
||The abstract has been reviewed and is accepted for presentation at the meeting
||In the reviewer’s opinion, the abstract is unsuitable for presentation at the meeting
||After the abstract has been successfully submitted, it is removed from the abstract list
8. MEETING REGISTRATION
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted must register their meeting attendance by author registration deadline
- Each presenting author is only allowed to submit and present not more than TWO abstracts
- Each paid fee covers TWO presentations
- At the time of registration, ID of the abstracts to be presented must be provided
- By default, the registrant is deemed to be the presenter. This can only be the author or a co-author.
- Abstracts that are not covered by any registration will be withdrawn.
Enquiries & Assistance
Any payment related disputes/queries and chargebacks will be handle by Meeting Matters International Pte Ltd.
For enquiry on registration and payment, please contact:
Conference Secretariat at Meeting Matters International
Address: #06-23 ONE COMMONWEALTH, 1 Commonwealth Lane, Singapore 149544
Tel: +65 6472 3108 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org